On 18 September 1944, Arnhem's tram depot was destroyed during the Battle of Arnhem. The municipal transport company subsequently decided to use trolley buses instead of electric trams. A smaller version of the depot has been rebuilt at the museum and is used for storing the museum's trams. The workshop has also been reconstructed.
The main problem encountered during the reconstruction was the fact that the plans were no longer available. The entire building was therefore reconstructed by the draughtsmen on the basis of photographs and descriptions provided by former employees.
Brick building covering a sixth of the area of the original depot, featuring cast-iron window frames and a striking façade as an architectural feature. Back to overview of buildings